Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 53, I Snuck Into a Concert!!! Music, Music, Music!!

First of all, my kiddies did so well at church today singing! I was so proud of them!! :-)

I had to go to work today, something I haven't had to do in a while. Which, for me is a catch 22. I don't get to be with my boys on Sunday evening, but I'm making money. I don't like it one bit!

But, the cool thing was Grammy Award Winning Ladysmith Black Mambazo played tonight. I was able to sneak in on my lunch break and see them! I got there right as they were singing my fav song that they sing and it's "Homeless" it was co-written by Paul Simon, something I didn't know! Any ways, I was able to watch about a half hour or so before I had to run downstairs and eat. But they were fantastic!!

I went outside and was looking at the merchandise, and I asked how much a cd was. He said b/c I was an employee, it would only be $10. So, I bought it. I listened to it on the way home and love it! They do a song with Sarah McLaughlin (Homeless, my fav), Melissa Etheridge (Diamonds in the Souls of Her Shoes....another great one!) and even Emmy Lou Harris! Yeah, it's awesome!

And to top it off, the leader and founder of the group Joseph Shabalala lost his key, and I got to meet him! The guy that sold me the cd came up with him and he goes, "Hey! I just sold you a cd!" and then I saw Joseph and went, "Oh my goodness! You guys were just great!" he was very humble about it and just merely said a thank you, and glad you enjoyed it. Type thing.

For those who do not know who they are, Ladysmith Black Mambazo they are an African
A Capella group. And they are freaking awesome!!

Then my boss was asking church questions, and we had so much fun talking about it! She's almost golden!!!

And an added bonus, I got to teach a theory lesson to my co-worker. I'm such a music nerd! lol

Chelle }}i{{

No comments:

Post a Comment