Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jesus is in my Hear..and Eating Breatfast!!

So, my son last night was getting scared and wanting me to lay down with him. I told him know (we're trying to get away from that, and he uses every ploy imaginable to get us to.)

I got the idea to explain to him that when mommy and daddy.."And Koda (our dog)" he adds, are not in the room with you there is someone else who is ALWAYS with you. He's always watching over you while you sleep, he'll protect you from all the monsters....etc.

I asked him where he thought Jesus was in the room right now? He didn't know. I point to his heart and said, "He's always right here...in your heart and he will never go away."

Well, it seemed to work and he went to bed without much further complaint.

So, waking up this morning, he comes up to me and points to his heart. "Momma, Jesus is in my heart!!"I smiled and said, "That's right!"He then said, "Yup! And he's eating breakfast right now!"

I started laughing so hard! Out of the mouths of babes!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love kids and their take on things. That was a smile for me today.

    ReplyDelete