Friday, August 21, 2009

My Dad Died Last Night...

I got a call about 2:30 last night saying my dad was in the hospital, he had a massive heart attack. And they were still working on him, but it didn't look to good.

At 3:20, my brother called me back saying "He's gone". A deafness rang in my ears. I sobbed violently while Aaron held me in his arms until I fell asleep.

I'm so glad I was down there last week. I was able to spend sometime with my dad before he went.

And now? I'm off to Vegas again....

These are the last pictures I have of him....so I thought it right to post them.

He had his faults, his short comings, but he was a great dad growing up. He taught me many things....my favorite memories are of him teaching me how to fish.

Cariol Roy Dobbs 5/28/45-8/21/09

At my mom's Birthday dinner

Holding up Xander at the Aquarium


Mom, Dad and Xander


No comments:

Post a Comment